Goddard Enterprises Limited is a multinational group with businesses located throughout the Caribbean, South America, and Latin America that takes a dynamic approach to business, spanning the catering, manufacturing, automotive, building, and financial industries.
Building upon established relationships, while striving to become the most prosperous, innovative, and well-respected indigenous Caribbean company.
Goddard Enterprises Limited places focus on innovation while staying true to the traditions that helped to first establish the company. Despite its commitment to tradition, the company is considered visionary as it adapts to the changing needs of its consumers. A solid foundation provides a platform to expand in new and exciting ways.
The leadership provided by a forward-thinking CEO continues to encourage the pursuit of growth through innovation and technology. A history of diversified endeavours exemplifies the dedication to innovation of the group. From pursuing green initiatives to developing into a contender in the quality chocolate industry, Goddard Enterprises Limited remains true to its vision as we search for the best talent to join our team.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in the role of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Manager. The Manager, Enterprise Risk Management, role is a critical position that will bring expertise to the enhancement of ERM and GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance) initiatives and activities, training of others in the Group including subsidiary companies as well as communication of risk mitigation and programs.
The Manager, Enterprise Risk Management, will be ideally located in Barbados at the corporate head office of Goddard Enterprises Limited (GEL). Your complex skills in mathematics, analytical analysis, process management, change management, execution and relationship building acumen will be a focus and lead to the success of the qualified candidate for this role.
In this role, you will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for the administration, documentation and continuous improvement efforts concerning the company's global risk management and compliance platform. The position will also support ERM and compliance initiatives and activities across all departments/functions within the LATAM/Caribbean region. The role manages and provides analytical insight and support for GEL enterprise risk management (ERM) and financial risk management (FRM) initiatives and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day analysis, facilitation and maintenance of GEL’s ERM program.
- Development, implementation and administration of the Company's GRC platform and associated projects
- Serve as GRC platform point of reference for all internal functions participating in GRC activities and ensure coordination and alignment between functions involved in implementation and integration activities
- Ensure risks are accurately identified, mapped to associated controls and continuously monitored across global operations and business functions
- Accumulate and monitor performance metrics to identify elevated business risks and/or negative risk trends that may require attention in a timely manner and provide reporting on risk trends and effectiveness of risk mitigation activities
- Risk surveys -- Prepare risk assessment surveys and reports utilizing tool functionalities for various levels of management review; coordinate risk survey executions and accumulate, assess and report survey results on risk topics and trends
- Work with business partners on development and execution of risk response and mitigation activities within our operating region
- Work with business partners on establishing and monitoring business continuity plans across all essential processes of the business across our operating region.
- Work with Internal Audit, Internal Control, external auditors and outside consultants as appropriate on required risk assessments, controls documentation and audits
- Assist with periodically updating the risk assessment process to populate the ERM risk register. This includes conducting surveys and interviews with key risk owners throughout GEL.
- Maintain the ERM governance framework, tools and resources and assist with providing effective communication to risk owners and the broader GEL community via various channels (SharePoint, Intranet, email, conference calls, presentations, etc.) to ensure engagement across the organization that fosters integrating ERM into strategic decision making.
- Support GEL’s risk appetite model to perform quarterly updates and utilize the scenario forecasting capabilities to conduct in-depth analysis regarding specific strategic decisions.
- Partner with risk owners to assist in more granular risk assessments for priority risks and lead risk quantification modeling exercises. This will include collecting, analyzing and visualizing risk data to drive new insights, both at the individual risk level as well as from a portfolio level perspective.
- Assist with preparing summarized reports and presentations to aid Senior Leadership Team and Board of Director discussions
- Manage the day-to-day analysis, compliance and execution of GEL’s FRM program.
- Assess, and periodically update, GEL’s counterparty credit exposure and framework. Provide reports with suggested mitigation actions should any specific exposure rise to a level not acceptable within our policy
- Facilitate dialog with GEL’s key financial relationships on FRM topics, relevant market updates, trends or significant events
- Monitor transactions for compliance to controls. Prepare compliance reports including any exceptions to policies and procedures.
While this person will not have any direct supervisory responsibilities, strong interpersonal skills are required to deal with persons at all levels of the organisation.
Qualifications & Experience:
a) Education and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Accounting, Business Administration, Quantitative Finance or Applied Mathematics or similar area of
Experience: Five years of relevant experience with demonstrated growth in responsibilities and contributions (in addition to education requirement)
b) Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements (Preferred but not required):
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA);
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA); and/or
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP)
c) Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required:
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel proficiency
- Expert modeling and managing data in Excel and statistical software
- Ability to recognize patterns and trends in large data sets and use quantitative analysis to develop business strategies
- Strong math, organization, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Change management skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good presentation, research, verbal and written skills; and
- Strong and diverse capital markets experience
- Experience with designing and managing interest rate and foreign currency
- English and Spanish proficiency in written and oral communication required
A competitive remuneration and attractive benefit package will be offered commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience. Applications, together with full career details should be submitted to the address below on or before July 26th, 2019 by 4:00 PM EST.
Chief People Officer, Diana Pacheco